RAFINO/RAFINCO Reunion 2016
RAFINO/RAFINCO Reunion 2016 to be Held in Las Vegas, NV
RAFINCO, in coordination with RAFINO, will host the 2016 RAFINO/RAFINCO reunion in Las Vegas, NV. Dates for the reunion are Wednesday, 12 Oct through Sunday, 16 October 2016 (the week of Columbus day). For those who cannot wait, early registrant check-in begins the afternoon of 11 October 2016. Mark your calendars now for the reunion, just -529 days away.
Registration fee (covering registration, Banquet Buffet, welcome reception, 4 drink tickets for use at banquet or reception, and Hospitality Room with sodas, water, beer, wine, and morning donuts/bagels) is $175.00 per registered attendee (member and/or spouse and registered guest).
The theme for the 2016 Reunion is "Hawaii". We encourage the wearing of Hawaiian Shirts, shorts, scandals throughout the Reunion.
Host, Jeff Penick
has contracted with the
Boulder Station Hotel and Casino
which, he advises, is a a place where veterans are appreciated.
That address in Vegas is:
4111 Boulder Highway
Las Vegas, NV 89121
Boulder Station is located on the east side of Las Vegas, on the Boulder Highway at Desert Inn Road. For those who want to go to the strip or downtown, cab fares are $24 to the strip and $20 to downtown.
What is great about Boulder Station is you won't have to leave the hotel during the reunion unless you want to, as it has everything you will need right there.
Our host has negotiated a room rate of
$48.67 per night for Wednesday and Thursday, $104.67 for Friday and Saturday.
Taxes, etc. are included in these nightly rates.
Reservations can be made by calling 800-683-7777 and using Group Code: Retired Army Finance
Note: you must register personally with the hotel; your RAFINO online reunion registration does NOT include the hotel reservation. (We do ask for you to specify on the RAFINO registration form where you plan to stay, but that is just for purposes of reconciling with the hotel's system.)
The rates include:
- high-speed internet in the room
- unlimited local calls
- unlimited access to fitness center and pool
- line pass to the Feast Buffet (puts us at the front of the buffet line)
- Daily newspaper
- valueable coupons
- free self and valet parking
The hotel has several restaurants offering a great selection of food.
Feast Buffet: This buffet is great for all three meals.
In addition, we get a line pass that lets us go to the head of the line. Rates are:
- Breakfast: $5.66
- Lunch: $7.99
- Dinner: $9.99
- Wine/Beer: $3.00
- The Broiler: A very nice stealhouse and seafood restaurant.
- Grand Cafe: Gourmet tastes at Cafe prices. Open 24/7.
- Pasta Cucina: for those lovers of Italian fare.
- Cabo: Outstanding Mexican Food.
- Slices Pizzeria: If you like pizza, this is the place.
- Viva salsa: another mexican food emporium.
- Burger King
Arriving in Las Vegas
Las Vegas McCarran is one of the easiest airports to get to, with many non-stop flights.
You can get a taxi to the hotel for $24.00
Tentative agenda will be:
Tuesday 11 Oct
- 1100-1500 Early Registration in Hospitality Room (HR) - Room 1610
Early Dinner 1700, Cabo Resturant in Boulder Station,
cost approx $27 per person (taxes and tips included in fee).
Here is the MENU
- HR open 1900-2300
Wednesday 12 Oct
- 0900-1600 Registration in Hospitality Room (room 1610)
- Hospitality Room opens 0800-1730
- Reception (fully registered attendees) in Railhead Showroom 1800-2000
- Hospitality Room 2000-2300.
Thursday 13 Oct
- HR 0730-1430
Buffet and Show Trip 1500-2130 Cost Approx $55.00 per person.
- 1500 Trip to Downtown. Busses will be at Boulder Station side entrance, by pool.
- 1730 Buffet at the Golden Nugget.
- 1930 Gordie Brown Show, Golden Nugget. Return 2130 .
- HR open 2200-2400
Friday 14 Oct
- HR open 0730 to 0815
- 0830-1300 Lake Mead Champagne/Brunch and Cruise, cost approximately $55.00 per person. Limit of 110 signups. Wheelchair accessible (first deck only). Busses will be at Boulder Station side entrance, by pool.
- 1500-1630 TAPS Ceremony in Chardonnay Room, Mezzanine level on 2nd floor.
- 1900-2100 Airborne Activities will Start in Chardonnay Room and finish at pool (no entry fee)
- HR open 1600 to 2300.
Saturday 15 Oct
- Hospitality Room opens 0800-0900
- Business Meetings 0900-1200 in Chardonnay Room
- Hospitality Room open 1200-1630
- Photos: 1600-1730: Pictures at entrance to Railhead and cocktails.
The "Banquet" will be a Hawaiian-themed buffet in the hotel's show room (the Railhead) with ad hoc seating. Recommended attire is extremely casual, e.g., hawaiian shirt and shorts and sandals or sneakers .
Here is the MENU
- Hospitality Room open 2030-2400
Hospitality Room (HR)
Hospitality room (room 1610) is open to all registered guests (i.e., those who have paid the full registration fee) . Hospitality room will be opened during much of the reception. It will be stocked with Beer, wine, sodas, water, and snacks. Each morning, the hospitality room will have Bagels, donuts, and coffee.
Note: Hospitality Room will be open on a limited basis during the Lake Meade Cruise and the Downtown trip and show.
In addition, there is a special Hospitality Room event 2100-2400 on 15 Oct:
All attendees (registered and non-registered) are invited to the Hospitality Room after the banquet on Saturday Night, Oct 15, 2016, from 9-12 pm, in addition to the usual beer and wine we will have an open bar (free) of "top self" liquor donated by a world-renowned connoisseur and bon vivant. This will include Courvoisier, Hennessy, Gran Marnier, Chivas Regal, Johnny Walker Red, Bombay Sapphire, Jagermeister, Stoli, Ketel One, etc. Last night of the Reunion, let's have a great time.
We will try our very best to keep the Schedule of Events as close to the above as possible.
View History of RAFINO Reunions